Gift Card Wallets Instructions
On Saturday I said I would post the instructions to the gift card wallets I made and then promptly forgot to do so! Thanks for the reminder, Tazza!
Here are the instructions to make the basic holder – they’re very, very simple.
You will need: (all measurements are height x width)
- One piece of cardstock 3.5 inches x 12 inches
- One piece of cardstock or patterned paper 3.5 inches x 3 1/4 inches
- Bone Folder
- Scoring tool and board – or if you haven’t got a scoring board, the groove in your paper cutter is a good alternative.
- A small circle punch. I used a 1/2 inch punch but anything up to an inch is fine
- Optional Border and Corner Punches
- Any paper you want to decorate the holder with.
- Velcro dot or small 3mm 3dimensional
Step One – The Holder
Score your 3.5″ x 12″ cardstock at
3 1/2, 3 3/4, 8 3/4 and 9
Prefold all score lines
This is the basic shape of the holder.
Step Two – The Card Pocket
Punch a semi circle into the centre of once side of your cardstock/patterned paper so that it looks like this.
Step Three – Assembly
Adhere the three sides of your card pocket which haven’t been punched and stick it to the inside of the holder
Step Four – Decorate!
The fun part, decorate however you wish!.Once decorated, add either your 3dimensional or Velcro dot to the inside of the wallet flaps so that it stays closed.
That’s it! One finished gift card wallet.
|front of a finished wallet
If you make any of these, post a comment with your link so I can admire your creations! 🙂
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink